Monday, September 10, 2012

Surprise break

Someone must have been listening when I wrote last night's post about enjoying our time off on the weekend. Our schedule today was supposes to be:
9-noon- ABA
11:45-12:45- ST (ABA teacher graphs for last 15 min so they overlap)
6:15-7:15- social group

Busy day to say the least. Jake woke around 7 (he finally started sleeping past 6 this past week!) And we came downstairs for a glass of milk. We got dressed and I started making breakfast. Just past 8 his ABA therapist called to say she is sick and wouldn't be coming today. At 11:30 his ST called to let me know she got stuck at a meeting and also wouldn't be coming today. THEN at 12:45 the woman who runs the social group called to say that she had a death in family and group would be canceled tonight! So we went from a packed schedule to absolutely nothing just like that. I can't believe that we had not one, but 3 cancellations in one day!
    Typically I'd welcome the break, and I wouldn't have minded one or 2 cancellations. However, we JUST got started with ABA and I was looking forward to Jake continuing to build his relationship with JT and to get our routine established. We already had to cancel this upcoming Thursday's session because Jake has the second part of an evaluation scheduled that morning. So instead of having his first full week of ABA he will have another 3 day week. I know that in the grand scheme of things missing one day isn't a big deal. And Jake and I got in some extra playtime and were able to get out and enjoy the beautiful day. There's nothing wrong with that :)


No comments:

Post a Comment